Labels

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wine and Cheese

Many happy returns to my knees, who went on a furious vacation and forgot to tell me. They’ve come back exhausted and itchy.

Question: once your secret identity is revealed, do you have to create another one out of boredom, or do you get one step closer to nirvana?And another: how many times in one wine and cheese party can I stick my foot in my mouth? I’m wondering if I said the single thing that would alienate me from my new kith. Also, I am uninterested in the way budding friendships are awkward. I’d like to relax, and i’d like for Florida to stop laying soft pollen in my epidermis. Ah, newness. It’s destructive.

Fresh produce may be the answer.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. The party. I think I share a lot of your feelings about that. It was a strange night, sort of surreal.

    I felt like I was floating above the party, wondering what the me sitting at the table was going to do next (maybe I'm introspective to a fault XD). Glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete